Mexicano en la carcel por volar bajo en EUA

Sheriff: Pilot flew too close to boaters in Laguna

August 22, 2011 12:09 PM

By ALLEN ESSEX/The Brownsville Herald

PORT MANSFIELD — A Mexico City man is behind bars after Willacy County authorities received calls Saturday that a small plane was "buzzing" boaters in the Laguna Madre.

Willacy County Sheriff Larry Spence said his office received four calls at about 4 p.m. from people on three boats that a small airplane was allegedly flying very low, causing boaters to take evasive action and that some people jumped off boats, believing the plane was going to strike their boats.

"When we learned he was going to land at the Cameron County Airport at Bayview, we called the Cameron County Sheriff’s Office and they arrested him," Spence said.

The 20-year-old man is now in custody in Willacy County and "he will be arraigned on 13 or 14 counts of aggravated assault," Spence said. "He was supposedly taking flying lessons at the Weslaco airport where he got the plane."

Some of the reports he has received are that there were other people in the plane with the man and other reports say he was alone, Spence said.

No instructor was with the pilot, the sheriff said.

"It gets weirder as it goes along," he said.

Weslaco Aviation Director George Garrett said he only knows the man was a student at Pratt Air Service.

Spence declined to release the pilot’s name until he is arraigned.

Saludos

Tssssss

Le salio muy cara la Borraceada y el minuto de estupides .... y parece que esta apunto de arruinar su vida ya que hoy enfrenta el juicio x "Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon".

Rob

Lamentable que arruine su vida de esa manera, pero se tiene que hacer responsable de sus actos y afrontar las consecuencias.

Aqui una firma de un gringo, dice que este mismo aterrizo en una calle en la Isla del Padre segun el:

divino said: 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
About a month ago i went to SPI and between beach access 5 and 6. This SAME guy had landed his plane, right on the highway. His plane was blocking one of the lanes and he was outside on the road where officers were interrogating him at the time, I had to drive around his plane to reach access No. 6. About 20 min. later, once I was on the beach, i saw his plane take off. He was not arrested obviously, but I thought to myself, what the heck just happen. I supposed he had had a mechanical problem, but then he took off shortly after (the plane was fine). I also first thought maybe a "delivery"?, but then again, he was let go. And what. He does look like a spoiled mexican rich boy, but who knows. Nontheless, I'll buy it once, but two incidents? hmm, no mame. What's he up to?

otro:

We need to teach any and all mx nationals that are laws are in place for a very good reason. They want to change this great country in to what they just ran away from. It is our jog to teach them every time the break our laws large or small.

psss

Q huaistle, como se le ocurre hacer algo asi y en USA...ahi la gente esta bastante paranoica con ver los aviones haciendo movimientos extraños y las autoridades ps ni se diga....en fin que mala onda por este chavito que como dijo fry, un minuto de estupidez o de quererse lucir, de emoción o no se de que, le va a salir muuuy caro,y ademas de todo lo que ya traera encima no quiero imaginar como le va a ir con sus papás a este chavo...

No se mucho sobre este tema, espero alguien responda mi pregunta
Está permitido hacer pases bajos, siempre y cuando no sea peligroso para personas cercanas al avión?
está prohibido?
O como esta esto de los pases bajos?

Aqui una firma de un gringo, dice que este mismo aterrizo en una calle en la Isla del Padre segun el:

divino said: 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
About a month ago i went to SPI and between beach access 5 and 6. This SAME guy had landed his plane, right on the highway. His plane was blocking one of the lanes and he was outside on the road where officers were interrogating him at the time, I had to drive around his plane to reach access No. 6. About 20 min. later, once I was on the beach, i saw his plane take off. He was not arrested obviously, but I thought to myself, what the heck just happen. I supposed he had had a mechanical problem, but then he took off shortly after (the plane was fine). I also first thought maybe a "delivery"?, but then again, he was let go. And what. He does look like a spoiled mexican rich boy, but who knows. Nontheless, I'll buy it once, but two incidents? hmm, no mame. What's he up to?

Aqui una aclaración....:

divino said: Today at 1:09 AM
Reply | Report Abuse
rgvpilot replied: Today at 7:46 AM
Get your facts straight. This IS NOT THE GUY that landed the plane on the Island a month ago. The person that landed the plane on the Island was a U.S. citizen that works for a company from up north that does aerial photos for Microsoft. The plane that the photo pilot was using was a Cessna 172 that ran out of fuel (pilot error). Also that Cessna 172 was being based out of the Harlingen Airport for the time that the pilot was in town. The airplane that is shown in the photos that were taken of Rodolfo Gonzalez is a Piper Cherokee based out of Weslaco Mid Valley Airport. I know this for a fact. I was flying that day and heard the MAYDAY call on the radio. I also spoke to the mechanics that were inspecting the airplane the day after. If your going to post, do some research or wind up looking like an UNINFORMED FOOL like divino. Get informed GROUND DWELLERS.

DEEFEÑO??? Que onda con este titulo, los que nacimos en en la bella Cd de Mexico somos CHILANGOS (para cualquier duda vease la RAE) gracias!!

DEEFEÑO??? Que onda con este titulo, los que nacimos en en la bella Cd de Mexico somos CHILANGOS (para cualquier duda vease la RAE) gracias!!

SI no me equivoco hace ya un tiempo la palabra chilango era usada para aquellos que migraban de cualquier parte d un país a su capital, que si efectivamente hoy día chilango es el que nació en la ciudad pero yo en lo personal prefiero el termino capitalino, ¿que le habrá pasado por la cabeza para hacer eso? ni hablar lo hecho, hecho esta y ni como arreglarlo.

Segun las leyes, no puedes volar a menos de cierta altura en zonas pobladas o de manera que pongan en peligro la integridad física de las personas en tierra

FAR dice :

Sec. 91.119 — Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:
(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters, powered parachutes, and weight-shift-control aircraft. If the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface—

(1) A helicopter may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section, provided each person operating the helicopter complies with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the FAA; and

(2) A powered parachute or weight-shift-control aircraft may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (c) of this section.

Saludos !!!!!!!!

Atrás