Boeing y Cargolux llegan a acuerdo, hoy se entrega el primer B747-8F

AeroDF747

Les dejo el comunicado de prensa que ha sacado Cargolux:

Cargolux successfully resolves contractual issues

Luxembourg, 12th October 2011

Cargolux announced today that the delivery of the first two Boeing 747-8 Freighters initially scheduled for 19 and 21 September is proceeding on 12 and 13 October 2011 following the resolution of contractual issues between Boeing, GE and Cargolux related to the performance of the aircraft and the engines.

In its meeting on 7 October, the Cargolux Board of Directors appreciated that the negotiation team (Akbar al Baker (Director), Frank Reimen (President and Chief Executive Officer) and David Arendt (Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer)) and Company management took the appropriate actions to ensure that the 747-8 entry into service issues be resolved successfully.

Frank Reimen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cargolux, said: ‘I am pleased that we have reached agreement on the contractual issues. The 747-8 Freighter will be a driver of profitable growth for Cargolux’.

Launch customer Cargolux has 13 Boeing 747-8 Freighter airplanes on firm order.

As an enhanced variant of the 747-400 cargo aircraft, the new-generation 747-8 Freighter offers a variety of benefits over its predecessor, including additional payload, less fuel burn and carbon emissions and a considerably lower noise footprint.

http://www.cargolux.com/Press/PressReleases.php?nid=300

Hoy se entrega el primero (LX-VCB), mañana el 2° (LX-VCD). El primero acaba de despegar rumbo al aeropuerto de Seattle (Sea-Tac) para después dirigirse a su nueva casa en Luxemburgo.

Tomado del twitter oficial de Boeing Airplanes:

"The first Boeing 747-8F for Cargolux just took off-- heading for Sea-Tac to pick up cargo. Photos later."

[YOUTUBE]ZujUjSsGGBc&feature=feedu[/YOUTUBE]

Felicidades a Cargolux y a Boeing!!!!

Última edición:

MIG

UPDATE - Now that the airplane has flown away, I wanted to add a few photos from the big day.
The 747-8 Freighter leaves Everett this morning. Safe travels to Luxembourg!

The crew says goodbye with a wing wag.

The teams from Boeing and Cargolux mark the occasion with a ribbon cutting.

Boeing employees get to say their own goodbyes as the freighter takes to the runway in Everett.

ORIGINAL POST - I’m happy to announce that we’ve resolved the contractual issues that delayed the first delivery of our new 747-8 Freighter last month. I’m even happier to let you know that Cargolux will take delivery of their first freighter today (October 12) and immediately put it into service with a stop at Sea-Tac Airport for a cargo pickup. On Thursday, Cargolux will take delivery of its second 747-8F.
Even though we had to wait a bit longer than expected, it doesn’t make these deliveries any less sweet. We know Cargolux and every customer after them will love this airplane in every way—from how it flies to how it performs.
I’d like to personally congratulate every employee who had a hand in working on this beautiful new symbol of Boeing. We all look forward to seeing it take to the sky as an official member of the Cargolux fleet

A mi me toco sentir su poder en Toluca hace 7 meses haciendo testing.

Todavia sigo recordando lo emocionante que se siente un baño de tierra por este avion!

[YOUTUBE]b8O-6UQAaMs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aObVjMriqeU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4Jj8Lm_9hkc[/YOUTUBE]

Última edición:

Felipe Garcia

Claro que no se podian quedar sin los aviones. El dia 7 salio de pintura el 2do -4R7F ex-Cargolux para Silk Way y ahorita traen varios -400SF/BCF usados.

Uno de los que Atlas no acepto parece ser que va a ser el primero para GSS / BA World Cargo (por lo menos eso dice la lista de produccion)