Ahora un Snowbird de la Fuerza Aerea de Canada se desplomo!

XA-CMF

Super Moderator
Chetos!! ahora que esta pasando!!!!

Montreal, Canadá (24 agosto 2005).- Un avión de la patrulla de exhibición aérea canadiense de los "Snowbirds" se estrelló el jueves, pero el piloto pudo eyectarse, indicó un portavoz del ministerio de Defensa.

El accidente se produjo justo antes del inicio de un espectáculo aéreo, en Thunder Bay, en la costa del lago Superior en la provincia de Ontario (centro),agregó el portavoz Jae Malana.

El piloto, el capitán Andrew McKay, pudo eyectarse y fue encontrado, precisó Malana.

"Vi un avión descender en picada hacia el suelo a toda velocidad y desaparecer en el humo", declaró a la televisión local un testigo que también vio un paracaídas.

El espectáculo aéreo se canceló después del accidente. Los Snowbird cumplen en 2005 los 35 años de su creación.

En diciembre de 2004, dos aviones de la patrulla chocaron y uno de los pilotos murió.

Un avión caza F-18 del Ejército canadiense se estrelló el 16 de agosto pasado en la región de Saguenay (norte de Quebec), pero el piloto también pudo eyectarse.
No encuentro mas informacion, sera cierto?

XA-CMF

Super Moderator
Aqui esta la nota de www.CBC.com

Thunder Bay, Ont.
Last Updated Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:31:12 EDT
CBC News
A Canadian Forces Snowbird aerial demonstration jet crashed on its way to an airshow Wednesday in Thunder Bay, in northwestern Ontario.

Capt. Andrew Mackay (courtesy Canadian Forces)

INDEPTH: Snowbirds

The plane exploded in a rural field, moments after the pilot -- 39-year-old Capt. Andrew Mackay of Orleans, Ont. -- ejected safely. Mackay was treated in hospital and released.

Mackay, in his fourth year with the Snowbirds, has more than 4,800 hours of military flying experience.

Local resident Dennis Trevisanutto Jr., who was standing on the deck of his home when he saw the crash, said he rescued the pilot after he saw the parachute descending. "I looked out and I could see him parachuting down into the woods. So I thought I'd take a ride over there and see if I could find him or pick him up... When I first saw him I asked if he was OK, and he said yes and said his engines failed."

Trevisanutto drove the pilot to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre.

The Snowbirds fly Canadair CT-114 Tutors, which are more than 30 years old. The last one came off the assembly line in 1966 -- before most of the pilots were born. However, the pilots have defended the program, saying the aircraft are safe and the shows they put on are part of the Canadian cultural fabric.

On Dec. 10, 2004, two Snowbirds jets crashed in mid-air during a practice near Mossbank, Sask. One pilot, Capt. Miles Selby, 31, was killed, and the other, Capt. Chuck Mallett, sustained minor injuries.

This is the Snowbirds' 35th season. They dedicated their performances this year to Captain Selby

OleaPilot

orale pues otro accidente mas al mes que mala sueerte lo bueno que no hubo daños humanos que lamentar.... ya ven que los de la FAM no son los unicos que se estrellan? :lol: