After Emergency Landing, Passengers Hail 'Our Capt. Sully'

• Iniciador del tema Boeingstore
  • Fecha de inicio
B

Boeingstore

Sept. 27) -- When they were circling the wrong airport, they knew something was amiss.

So Alessandro Albero picked up a cell phone and started filming the frightening scene on Delta Connection Flight 4951. At first, Albero and his friend Chase Benzenberg weren't that concerned.

"We circled for a good 20 minutes. We were joking around with each other saying, 'I don't know if he knows where the landing strip is,'" Albero told CNN's "American Morning."

Moments later, though, pilot Jack Conroyd told them to "brace for impact" and "prepare for the worst." The right wheel of the plane was malfunctioning, and the aircraft, bound for White Plains, N.Y., Saturday evening, would have to make an emergency landing at New York's JFK airport.

On the tape, a flight attendant can be heard yelling, "heads down, stay down, heads down, stay down" again and again, and sparks fly as the plane's wing grazes the runway. But no one was hurt, and passengers say it was a relatively smooth landing that could have ended in disaster. Today, they're calling Conroyd, a former Navy pilot, a hero.

"He was our Capt. Sully," one passenger, John Predham, told the New York Daily News in a reference to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, the US Airways pilot who safely crash-landed Flight 1549 in the Hudson river in January 2009.

Sullenberger also praised the impressive landing. "I commend the crew for ensuring a successful outcome for everyone on board," he told the News.

Benzenberg told CNN that the flight attendant's anxious instructions "made it more intense than I think it was." But Albero said it was a dramatic situation. "The pilot did a wonderful job. We came down and, you know, the plane tipped slightly and the sparks came out. You guys saw the video. It was pretty intense. But they did a wonderful job."

The pilot's mother agrees. "I think he really was a hero," Conroyd's mom, 84-year-old Hazel Conroyd, told the New York Post.
Filed under: Nation, Top Stories

XA MFG

heads down, stay down.

Muy bien manejado por la tripulacion y sobretodo el trabajo hecho en cabina, bien aplicado lo aprendido en los entrenamientos hizo que todo esto terminara con un buen final....pero eso si, debio haber sido espantoso escuchar a la sobrecargo gritar con esa agudita voz "heads down, stay down" en repetidas ocasiones...mmmmta, segundos de tension a todo lo que da....seguidos de una relajacion total.

Bien por los pilotos y sobrecargos.

XA-CMF

Super Moderator
Aqui esta el ATC completo desde que se reporta en White Plains NY con el problema y como se desvia a JFK, son mas de 40 mins, muy interesante, necesitan estar registrados!

click Aqui para audio

Y aqui un video dentro del avion al momento del aterrizaje, impresionante como la sobrecargo maneja la situacion aunque un poco tambien impactante el "heads down, stay down"

[YOUTUBE]9TnEZBYetdY[/YOUTUBE]

Traido usted por XA-CMF

B

Boeingstore

Aqui esta el ATC completo desde que se reporta en White Plains NY con el problema y como se desvia a JFK, son mas de 40 mins, muy interesante, necesitan estar registrados!

click Aqui para audio

Y aqui un video dentro del avion al momento del aterrizaje, impresionante como la sobrecargo maneja la situacion aunque un poco tambien impactante el "heads down, stay down"

[YOUTUBE]9TnEZBYetdY[/YOUTUBE]

Traido usted por XA-CMF

lastima que yo no estoy registrado :(

XA-CMF

Super Moderator
liveatc.net es gratis, solo necesitas tu correo legitimo para verificar tu susbscripcion!

Aqui la version corta y editada, la acaban de poner!

click aqui

kanoo

Accidente delta conection

Thankful Passengers Hail 'Our Capt. Sully'Updated: 8 hours 38 minutes ago
Print Text Size Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on LifestreamMara Gay
Contributor

AOL News (Sept. 27) -- When they were circling the wrong airport, they knew something was amiss.

So Alessandro Albero picked up a cell phone and started filming the frightening scene on Delta Connection Flight 4951. At first, Albero and his friend Chase Benzenberg weren't that concerned.

"We circled for a good 20 minutes. We were joking around with each other saying, 'I don't know if he knows where the landing strip is,'" Albero told CNN's "American Morning."

Moments later, though, pilot Jack Conroyd told them to "brace for impact" and "prepare for the worst." The right wheel of the plane was malfunctioning, and the aircraft, bound for White Plains, N.Y., Saturday evening, would have to make an emergency landing at New York's JFK airport.

On the tape, a flight attendant can be heard yelling, "heads down, stay down, heads down, stay down" again and again, and sparks fly as the plane's wing grazes the runway. But no one was hurt, and passengers say it was a relatively smooth landing that could have ended in disaster. Today, they're calling Conroyd, a former Navy pilot, a hero.

Sponsored Links "He was our Capt. Sully," one passenger, John Predham, told the New York Daily News in a reference to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, the US Airways pilot who safely crash-landed Flight 1549 in the Hudson river in January 2009.

Sullenberger also praised the impressive landing. "I commend the crew for ensuring a successful outcome for everyone on board," he told the News.

Benzenberg told CNN that the flight attendant's anxious instructions "made it more intense than I think it was." But Albero said it was a dramatic situation. "The pilot did a wonderful job. We came down and, you know, the plane tipped slightly and the sparks came out. You guys saw the video. It was pretty intense. But they did a wonderful job."

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic.../19649713?icid=main|main|dl1|sec1_lnk1|173643

Ibiza09

Sept. 27) -- When they were circling the wrong airport, they knew something was amiss.

"He was our Capt. Sully," one passenger, John Predham, told the New York Daily News in a reference to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, the US Airways pilot who safely crash-landed Flight 1549 in the Hudson river in January 2009.

The pilot's mother agrees. "I think he really was a hero," Conroyd's mom, 84-year-old Hazel Conroyd, told the New York Post.
Filed under: Nation, Top Stories
Muy curioso... este tipo puede abrir los temas que se le den la gana y a uno si le dan corton!!! Boeingstore pues de que "privilegios" gozas, oye no será como lo que dicen que hizo la Vero para ganarse adeptos en Televisa? ya ves que luego la gente piensa muchas cosas... no me parece justo que esto esté sucediendo...

xoxo´s =)