Q400 de Alaska Airlines N423QX Se Estrella en SEA

Cae Q400 de Alaska robado en seattle

Roban Q400 de Alaska

n unauthorized take-off of a Horizon Air Q400. We believe there are no passengers on board. More information as we learn more,” Alaska Airlines wrote on Twitter around 9:20 p.m. on the west coast.

There were unconfirmed reports that the plane crashed as people posted photos to Twitter of a plume of smoke. CBS News reporter Kris Van Cleave wrote, “FAA sources say it appears an airline employee stole a Horizon Air Turbo Prop from SeaTac and took off and crashed Ketron Island outside Seattle.” He shared a tweet from a woman named Victoria, who wrote, “Sitting on a plane at SeaTac Airport, a Horizon employee just hijacked an airplane. He is flying around the airport, he does not know how to land it. Happening right now. SeaTac airport.”

Morgan Chesky, a reporter for KOMO News, wrote, “Per JBLM source: After being contacted by F-15’s, stolen plane began to nose dive, crashing in north Pierce County.”

Nothing was confirmed yet from authorities, but live aviation audio from the tower said, at one point, that dispatchers were urging a man to try “to land that airplane safely and not hurt anybody” while dealing with a snarl of stalled planes on the ground. Other audio reported a ground stop was underway at SeaTac, the airport that services Seattle and Tacoma. Patch confirmed there was a “security incident” underway at SeaTac.

The man’s name was “Rich,” according to tower audio and, at one point, he told the tower he was losing an engine. Periodically, his voice cut into the dispatches. At one point, “Rich” (or “Rick”), said on the aviation audio, “This is probably jail time for life, huh? I would hope it is for a guy like me.” People on Twitter who were following the aviation audio reported that the man attempted a “barrel roll” with the plane at one point – or at least claimed he was going to do so. Others reported that the man had supposedly “buzzed” Mt. Rainier.

The man said to dispatchers at one point, “You think if I can land this successfully, Alaska will give me a job as a pilot?” and the Air Traffic Control tower said, “I think they will give you a job doing anything if you pull this off.” He replied, “yeahhh right.”

At one point, the man reported that he threw up all over the cockpit, according to the audio.

“Keep the aircraft nice and low,” the tower responded to the man at one point, advising him to keep it over the water. “We had a ground stop for quite a while here,” a dispatcher says. However, late in the evening of August 10, 2018, tower audio indicated that some planes were being released.

You can listen to some of the tower audio later in this article

https://heavy.com/news/2018/08/seatac-plane-stolen-hijacked-grounded-seattle/

Reactions: jcs

Antonio Espinosa

Administrator
Un Q400 ha sido robado, en SEA el Avión Pertenecía a @AlaskaAir, se ha estrellado cerca de Seattle. El avión despegó sin autorización desde @seatacAirport. No hay confirmación de si fue derribado.

Todas las Operaciones de SEATAC han sido suspendidas

Pendientes con mas Información

Edgar Castro

Super Moderator
En la cuenta de Twitter de Jimmy Thomson se pueden escuchar varios extractos de el audio entre el avión y el controlador.

Al parecer el "piloto" se encontraba en estado de ebriedad.

MARABASCO

Increible!!! que alguien pueda robarse un avion.....Lo bueno que se estrello solo y no en una zona poblada. Le tengo que reconocer que el Loop by Loop que se avento y recupera a Metros del suelo fue una chulada.... (No tomando en cuenta su propia vida o las de los demas).

Saben si se estrello por CFI o lo derribo el F15 que andaba atras de el?

Saludos

antgar

Si lo derribaron nunca lo van a decir, apuesto más a que se le acabó el combustible.

Geramador

Que triste... "Just a broken guy, got a few screws loose, I guess. Never really knew it, until now"
Pense que era el único en sentir eso (hablo de sentir empatía con el chico), he visto muchos memes del asunto y no lo niego a veces sacan una sonrisa pero esa frase rebota y pues...

¿Que se sabe de la vida del chico?

En fin, aquí creo que se debe mejorar en cuanto al reclutamiento y no olvidar el monitoreo constante, y hablo de factor humano o mejor dicho factor mental, yo si creo honestamente que la gente de RH en general (no solo aviación) debería tener en cuenta muchas cuestiones y que las mismas empresas deberían tener un poco más de humanidad y ver ese lado de sus empleados y no tratarlos como un número más.